Event Assistant Course Objectives
- To develop a comprehensive set of Event Assistant skills
- To prepare for successful careers as Event Assistants
- Increase confidence and efficiency in Event Assistant Jobs
- Improve job options with an Accredited Qualification
This is a 2 day classroom format workshop, with a high level of interactive and practical exercises to create confidence when applying in the workplace. We have a team of experienced Event Management and Administration trainers, who have extensive practical experience in their fields of expertise.
Day 1 – An Introduction to Events
- What is an Event?
- What skills are required to be a success in Events
- Planning your Events
- Creating a preliminary brief for approval
- Getting the best guests, deals and venues
- Working with an event team
- Health and Safety, risk assessment and insurance
- Understanding the audience
- Create an appropriate atmosphere
- Publicity and promotion, including PR, Internet and Social Media
- Client care and how to act on the day
Day 2 – Practical skills for a Event Assistant
- Diary Management
- Developing reports and presentations
- Managing and planning communications
- Administrative skills within the Event Team
- Acting as a point of contact for your Event Team
- Prioritising and planning your workload
- Filing and managing administrative systems
- Managing emails and other forms of business communication
- Managing travel, booking, suppliers.
Dates and Duration
The course will be held in our centre from 10:30 to 16:30 in a two day workshop. Group bookings and bespoke courses are available also at client locations on request.
Please refer to the schedule for start dates.
Who is it for?
- This course is ideal for people looking to get a career as an Event Assistant
- It is ideal for those working as an Event Assistant, who are looking to gain formalised training and a qualification to increase their confidence and effectiveness in their roles
- CPD Accredited Certification upon successful completion of the course
- Gain an Accredited Qualification to develop your career
- Greater job options and understanding of how to develop careers in future
- Delegates will develop knowledge how to perform highly as an Event Assistant
- Increased confidence and ability to work efficiently in Events