Introduction to Event Management Course - CPD accredited
Event management is an industry that keeps on growing. This means that the skill of being able to organise events in a professional and efficient way is becoming something that is desired. Not only in event management roles. But also for those who work in administration or as a PA.
We have designed a one-day practical workshop that is the perfect introduction to the world of event management. The workshop is highly interactive and provides the attendee with a variety of technical skills and know-how to help them approach organising an event.
The course includes the following subjects:
- What is an Event?
- What skills are required to be a success in Events
- Planning your Events
- Creating a preliminary brief for approval
- Getting the best guests, deals and venues
- Working with an event team
- Health and Safety, risk assessment and insurance
- Understanding the audience
- Create an appropriate atmosphere
- Publicity and promotion, including PR, Internet and Social Media
- Client care and how to act on the day
Who is this course for?
This is the perfect entry level course for those who have little to no experience of working in events management. It is ideal for those who are just starting out in their career and want to widen their skills, ready for their new role.
Benefits of the course
- Technical skills required to plan and organise an event.
- Successful promotion of your event.
- A focus on the key soft skills required to deliver an event successfully
- Practical exercises to simulate a work environment to help gain confidence and experience for the workplace.
- How to delegate and prioritise in order to effectively manage resources and meet your deadlines.
- How to find best deals and venues through research and networking.
- Maintaining your networks for later events
- Evaluating and learning from an Event
CPD Certification on successful completion
The CPD qualification is a form of accredited training that is required by a number of different professional bodies. This includes solicitors, barristers, accountants and many more industries.
Not only are they recognised around the world, but they can often be required for particular roles. In fact, having a CPD accredited course on your CV could really benefit your job search.